Church of St John of Beverley Harpham
TA 092-615 Yorkshire England
Church of St John of Beverley is part of the Ancient Manor of Harpham, founded by St Quentin family. In 1374 King Edward III granted Joan, late the wife of William de Sancto Quintmo, a licence to crenellate a belfry which she purposes to make in the churchyard of the chapel of Harpham. The west tower of the church is not defensible but it is closely associated with the adjacent medieval manor house. 2 miles north-east is Burton Agnes Manor House and 5 miles south-west at Driffield is Moot Hill.